Frank Bisono Jr.
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN | INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE | BRANDING | SOCIAL MEDIA
September 2012 – Present: Sr. Principal User Experience Designer (UX Architect)
Oracle Corporation (ORCL)
We are designing the future of Cloud Computing at Oracle! Currently working in our SaaS groups Global UX team assigned on Oracle’s Autonomous Blockchain Cloud Service and API Catalog Cloud Service.
Additionally leading the design efforts on corporate-wide marketing platforms notification emails for PaaS/IaaS services bring the organizations digital marketing in-line with the look and feel of our suite of products. I am also working to define our Developer Portal Getting Started experience to include New Trial promotional flows within the Cloud platform for PaaS products.
Previously lead UX Architect on Oracle’s Internet of Things (IoT) initiatives in addition to platform level Cloud Products across multiple lines of business. Additionally, I lead the blue-sky concepting, design and implementation of Oracle’s Content & Experience Cloud (CEX) Suite integrating our Social and Documents products into a new experience as part of a suite including our Sites product. Prior to our CEX initiative I served as the Lead User Experience Architect on Oracle’s Enterprise Social Network (ESN) product, Oracle Social Network (OSN). I led initiatives across Web, Mobile (iOS & Android), Desktop and Outlook platforms. OSN enables real-time collaboration across the entire line of Oracle Fusion Middleware (now known as PaaS) products providing deep application integration and discovery of business critical information across the enterprise. No other ESN provides such deep integration across their entire line of cloud based products and services.
June 2011 â€“ September 2012 : Senior Manager, User Experience
Motricity, Inc. (MOTR)
Managing a team of User Experience Design and Research professionals and leading product design for mobile commerce, social networking, portal, enterprise tools and mobile marketing / advertising.Â Additionally, defining a unified User Experience and corporate design initiatives across a suite of products within a new line of business and brand identity for the company.
November 2010 â€“ April 2011
Director of User Experience
Managed a global team of UX professionals across mobile, mobile apps, consumer electronics and automotive verticals. My role was both strategic and tactical serving in a customer-facing role supporting sales efforts, evangelizing User Experience both internally and externally, and managing on-shore, near-shore and off-shore UX professionals on various projects and accounts. Platforms include iOS, Android, QT, Symbian, QNX and Meego.
Job duties included, but were not limited to, working with business development to close new business relationships with clients, ensuring resource utilization is at peak capacity in a creative consultancy business model and assuring deliverables are being presented to our clients with the highest quality.
Additional duties included being the central voice of the company for the user experience discipline both internally and externally, communicating our expertise to clients and internal stakeholders through the use of blogging and social media, spearheading creative development efforts from initial concepting through to final deliverables, identifying key growth sectors for creative and collaborating on proposals with all departments and management.
April 2010 – November 2010
Senior Information Architect Lead
Expedia.com (via Apex Systems Inc.)
Contracted via Apex Systems Inc. to work on several global UX Design initiatives and cross-pod platform migration projects ranging from streamlining and redesigning elements of Expedia World Wide’s checkout path, improving search functionality and usability via design of features like type-ahead, to a new global packages re-design and contributing thought-leadership to stakeholders on a phased social media integration plan into Expedia’s world-wide properties.
July 2009 – February 2010
Senior User Experience Designer
Amazon.com – Video On Demand
Worked on the next generation Amazon Video on Demand (AVOD) category redefiningÂ the future of streaming media over the web, mobile devices and the 10 ft UIÂ (Big Screen TV’s and media player devices for TV-s). Key focus in designingÂ the UI architecture, interaction flow, and aesthetics of new web and on-deviceÂ software applications. Additionally, concepted and designed early design explorations of the recently launched studios.amazon.com and another yet to be released product for the video team.
Oct. 2006 – July 2009
User Experience Designer
Visual Design, Branding & Icon lead for Windows Server & Systems CenterÂ divisions. UX / Interaction Designer on several Windows Server and System CenterÂ products. I help drive the interaction design process for new and existingÂ applications from initial concept through engineering implementation by definingÂ and delivering user experiences for a wide range of users from highly specializedÂ IT professionals to novice or part-time IT professionals. ResponsibilitiesÂ include Product Design, Interaction Design & Visual Design. By collaboratingÂ with User Experience Researchers and understanding our customers & theirÂ specific needs, I have successfully designed solutions to address thoseÂ needs.
Overview, corporate and team specific projects:
- Delivered detailed interaction design specifications for product developmentÂ teams, driving branding into the products, & building visual design guidelinesÂ for the division.
- Designed interaction models, workflows, wireframes, information architectures, & userÂ interfaces.
- Successfully created the first icon council at Microsoft bringing togetherÂ the major teams across Microsoft in a combined effort to align all icon assetsÂ by creating a consistent language for icons to include terminology, concepts,Â metaphors and visual styles.
- Successfully created Microsoft’s first web-based icon catalog tool in whichÂ icon and branding assets is kept in a centralized database powered by a SharePointÂ back-end. This tool allows PM’s, Dev’s and Designers from around the companyÂ to have access to needed icons for specification documents and prototypes,Â while allowing asset owners to maintain full control over how those assetsÂ are being utilized and distributed through the various builds in all of ourÂ products.
- Served as creative lead and interaction designer throughout the icon catalogÂ project and managed the vendors we engaged to provide additional services.
- Designed the most extensive IT Pro web portal in the company’s history. The IT Pro portal is a culmination of decades of research and design combinedÂ in a single portal allowing for ease of use and accessibility to all existingÂ information on our products, personas, archetypes, customer model, guidelinesÂ and more.
- Served as lead designer, created information architecture, CSS, style guides,Â user-flows, wireframes and HTML prototypes for the Management & AdministrationÂ Experience IT Pro web portal project.
- Designed and managed all branding and identity projects for our UX TeamÂ (to include logos, posters and marketing materials).
- Designed a series of posters evangelizing our Design Principles for theÂ IT Pro.
- Delivered a UX plan, use cases and concept car models for Server MigrationÂ Wizard and Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) in Windows Server 7.
- Defined Windows Server 7 early experience for next generation Group PolicyÂ (GP.next) snap-in.
- Contributed to the design of Microsoft’s next generation Server ManagementÂ Framework.
- Partnered with user research on field research, customer feedback gathering,Â and usability testing for several products.
- Successfully shipped an iconÂ and branding refresh for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Created, modeled and staffed a visual design team to handle all visual designÂ related requests for Windows Server and System Center products. ConsolidatedÂ the various efforts in two major divisions to be managed by the visual designÂ team rather than the various efforts being outsourced to vendors. The creationÂ of this internal team created a higher degree of satisfaction from our internalÂ customers, improved tracking and management of assets, reduced costs overÂ $200k in the first 6 months of implementation (projected to save over $1MÂ within 24 months), improved the quality of our deliverables and allowed usÂ to retain the knowledge and intellectual property gained in the creationÂ of these assets.
- Established next generation System Center Visual Identity experience acrossÂ System Center applications through early ideations on product integration andÂ working closely with our Central Marketing and Brand Group.
- Managed and directed the creation of all branding and icon assets acrossÂ the multiple teams within the System Center organization.
- Designed the early interaction model for System Center Service Manager’sÂ Authoring Console.
Jan. 1995 – October 2006
Founder & Managing Principal
Hypermedia Productions, Inc.
I founded Hypermedia Productions in 1995 and have been providing New MediaÂ and IT Consulting Services for over 15 years,. My primary focus is providingÂ User Experience Design services on web-based and software projects. I alsoÂ specialize in Apple products and I was contracted by Apple directly to provideÂ Systems Engineering level support on all Apple products and services. HavingÂ previously worked at Apple and for a 3rd party Apple partner, I have extensiveÂ experience in K-20 and have deployed Xserve and Xserve RAID systems throughoutÂ south FL schools as well as provided consulting on the creation of standardizedÂ client-images for those deployments.
Primary expertise lies in web, interactive, print design, photography andÂ social media. Combining the “hands-on” know-how of an InteractiveÂ Designer, the “client focused” mentality of a project manager, andÂ the sales experience to hunt down new leads and close the deal, I am proficientÂ in the following areas:
- Designing & developing user interfaces & user experience (UX) standardsÂ utilizing human factors techniques.
- Developing UI methodology (workflow).
- Storyboarding / wireframing / proof of concept (page mock-ups).
- Develop web pages/prototypes.
- Design of information architecture.
- Writing of style guide & functional requirements.
- Facilitate requirement & design sessions.
- Usability testing.
- Internet (full life-cycle) project management.
- Leading client presentations & creative sessions.
- Solution Sales
- Cost estimation & budgeting (with P&L accountability)
- Leading client presentations & creative sessions
- Functional requirement gathering & analysis
- Ability to author information architecture
- Writing strategy proposals, creative briefs & style guides
- “Hands-on” user-interface & traditional print design
- Concept & design of integrated marketing collateral
- Effective teamÂ building
- Ability to adhere to established workflow methodologies & processes
- Quality assurance & usability testing
- Developing business plans and marketing plans
- Managing an outside sales team, independent contractors and resellers
- Client management, budget estimation, project scheduling & creative resourceÂ management.
Aug. 2004 – Dec. 2005
Systems Engineer II
Apple Computer, Inc. (via Millennium Technology Group, Inc.)
As part of the Apple, Florida K-12 Education sales teams, my role was to workÂ with Account Managers and other team members on sales projects to integrateÂ Apple’s products into the Broward County and Miami Dade Public Schools Districts,Â from a Technical, Marketing and Sales perspective.
- Worked with the Sales Account Managers and used the Complex Sale (SharkÂ Chart) methodology to provide technical selling for the full range of AppleÂ applications, and conducted customer meetings to conduct needs analysis andÂ detailed solutions that covered all aspects of product implementation.
- Responsibilities included marketing presentations, technical training ofÂ teachers, support staff and board members, infrastructure planning with customers,Â design, specification, implementation and troubleshooting of LAN’s, ServerÂ Installation (OS X, XServe, XServe RAID), Configuration & Management.
- Instrumental in the deployment of the largest Digital Learning EnvironmentÂ Study in Florida. Member of a team that has deployed over 40,000 laptopsÂ and hundreds of servers (to date, and growing) in Broward and Dade County,Â FL – Apple’s largest K12 account.
- Managing a team of engineers and developing a world-class web hosting infrastructure
- Consulted on development of Magnet program for Allapattah Middle School.
- Developed the infrastructure and architecture of the Mac-based network, whichÂ will power the Magnet.
- Significantly contributed to annual revenue growth of over 110% in firstÂ year on the Miami-Dade account.
Nov. 2003 – July 2004
Apple Solutions Consultant
Apple Computer, Inc.
- Provided high-level consultative and technical advice on Apple products forÂ both retail and corporate customers at Comp USA.
- Supported the corporate sales team by providing solutions sales opportunitiesÂ and conducting joint sales calls on off-site corporate customers when necessary.
- Duties included providing training for sales staff as well as presentingÂ seminars to end users on Apple products and Solutions.
- Consistently outperformed assigned goals and quotas.
Aug. 2003 – Nov. 2003
Networking and Wireless Product Specialist / Technical Consultant
Belkin (via Actionlink)
- Duties included representing Belkin’s line of consumer broadband products,Â specifically wireless routers, to customers at Comp USA.
- Drove sales as a technical consultant for customers and provided technicalÂ assistance on Macintosh and PC platforms for wireless networking.
- Provided feedback to Belkin via web based reporting system.
- Served as a consultative and technical resource to Comp USA by providingÂ value to Belkin’s products and enhancing the sales of TAP (extended warranties)Â and installation services for Comp USA.
July 2000 – January 2001
Director of Web Development / Creative Director
NO Boundaries Network, Inc.
Major clients: GMAC Mortgage, e-Loan Saver, First Union, Total Solutions Group,Â NBN Mortgage Services, Home Eq -The Money Store, SouthPoint Financial.
Set the artistic direction and managed the front-end web development and designÂ production in support of online projects, services, programs and other electronicÂ publishing projects. Worked with the E-Business team and programmers to implementÂ interface designs, configurations, graphics and art work for assigned projects.Â Directed the tactical day-to-day design and development process and identifiedÂ current and future technology strategies. Lead and directed a staff of 12 designers to achieve superior project results. In addition:
- Responsible for the development of design strategies and concepts for allÂ client projects, project management, recruitment and assignment of design resources.
- Created all company branding.
- Designed, developed, deployed and maintained multiple web sites both internalÂ and external.
- Designed and developed site architecture on all projects.
- Designed PR and marketing materials including all print collateral includingÂ writing copy and creating ad campaigns.
- Played a key role in business developmentÂ and strategy.
- Structured proposals and pricing for services.
- Identified and won new business.
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- Managed and trained staff of 12 designers in graphics and web applications.
- DevelopedÂ conceptual ideas and specific design direction for client projects.
- Designed and managed multi-million dollar data center and NOC.
- Purchased, installed and configured systems; evaluated and recommendedÂ IS initiatives; handled troubleshooting and resolution of network issues,Â and documented network.
- Increased overall productivity 80% by building ISÂ team, systematizing and delegating.
Nov. 1998 – July 2000
Regional Sales Manager
NorthPoint Communications, Inc. (NPNT)
- Developed the largest network of DSL providers in the southeast U.S. and grewÂ the annual revenue run rate five-fold, from $6 million to $30 million, in theÂ first year.
- Exceeded region revenue goals by over 150%
- Identified and signed strategic channel partners including ISP’s, NSP’s,Â VAR’s, & Resellers
- Strategically negotiated contracts.
- Implemented corporate defined channel selling strategies as well as establishedÂ and implemented unique sales strategies within individual channel partnerÂ accounts.
- Generated customer presentations, demonstrations and proposals.
- Prepared a written sales plan for partners within assigned territory thatÂ outlines sales objectives, customer objectives and the action plan in orderÂ to meet these objectives.
- Managed sales forecasting process within assigned channel partners to ensureÂ visibility and quota attainment.
- Proactively maintained account contact with key partner management on aÂ regular basis to review progress and create success programs.
- Implemented marketing development activity to assure the maximum returnÂ on investment with emphasis on end user demand generation. Included makingÂ sure customer’s organization has the necessary sales tools to sell NorthPointÂ services.
- Evaluated the changing strategies of all business segments of assignedÂ accounts and defining opportunities in these strategies to expand the NorthPointÂ relationship, and developed tactics to maximize the resulting revenue toÂ NorthPoint.
- Evaluated and communicated competitive environment and market share ownershipÂ within territory and accounts.
Oct. 1997 – Sept. 1998
Channel Marketing Manager
Technology Advancement Corporation
- Managed BellSouth.net Account & developed over 30 new VAR PartnersÂ within 90 days.
- Managed sales growth for a $10 Million sales territory.
- Exceeded new partner goals by over 120%
- Exceeded territory revenue goals by over 150%
- Managed marketing and sales activities for Value Added Resellers.
- Analyzed customer needs as a consultative sales person.
- Created and executed direct sales incentive programs.
- Provided formal training to authorized BellSouth.net VAR’s.
- Assisted in long range planning of territory coverage.
- Prospected for new business within a defined territory.
- Followed up leads and develop existing accounts.
- Established relationships within accounts to secure BellSouth.net’s positionÂ as primary service provider of choice.
- Provided sales support to value-added resellers responsible for generatingÂ revenue through resale of integrated product and service offerings to data-intensiveÂ and sophisticated users.
- Supported VAR’s in solutions development stage through review of salesÂ packages for VAR customers, data base gathering and coordination with VARÂ for customer, and network engineering support for designs not requiring dedicatedÂ sales engineers support.
- Expanded VAR’s technical expertise and independence through ongoing consultationsÂ and coaching during account management and pre-sales process.
- Drove VAR revenue by identifying additional sales opportunities with VAR’sÂ and proactively seeking opportunities within VAR end-user customer set.
Sept. 1996 – April 1999
Regional Channel Sales Manager
Channel Reps, Inc.
Managed accounts for Adobe Systems Inc., Iomega Corporation, Caere CorporationÂ and many more. Exceeded goals and quotas consistently. Won rep of the monthÂ several times.
Jan. 1996 – Sept. 1996
7th Level Inc.
Aug. 1994 – Feb. 1999
Counter Intelligence Special Agent / Spanish Linguist
Florida Army National Guard
260th Military Intelligence Battalion (L) Bravo Co.
July 1991 – May 1993
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (AMS)
United States Navy
Certified engineering level competency on Apple OS X and OS X Server Products. Â Fully proficient in design phases of mobile, consumer electronics, automotive, and web UI design.
UX: Information Architecture, Wireframes, Prototypes, UCD Methodologies, Usability, Expert Reviews, Accessibility, User Experience Leadership, Web Standards, Interaction Design, Visual Design.
Product Development: Innovation, Ideas Generating, Rapid Prototype Development, Needs Analysis, Agile development methodologies.
- Mac OS 9, OS X, Unix, Linux, Windows, iOS, Android, QNX, Symbian, QT, Meego
- Productivity: Keynote, Filemaker, Daylite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Â Visio
- Interactive: Omnigraffle Pro, Axure
- Imaging: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks
- Publishing: Adobe In-Design, Acrobat, PageMaker, Quark Express
- Web: Dreamweaver, Flash, BB Edit, Contribute, Transmit FTP
- Audio: Logic, Soundtrack, Digital Performer, Reason, Rebirth
- Video: Apple Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Motion, iMovie, iDVD
- Analytics: Omniture, Tealeaf
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Apple Mac OS X Server Essentials 10.3
- ProSoft – Internet Sales Skills
- the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
Associate of Science Degree – Multimedia and Web Design
3.7 GPA – Magna Cum Laude
- MSI / The Executive Conversation – Channel MBA Program
- US Army Second Reserve Forces Intelligence School
Counter Intelligence Special Agent (97B10) Course
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
- US Navy Aircraft Structural Mechanic School (AMS)
Naval Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Millington
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
- Apple Certified Help Desk Specialist (ACHDS)
- Certified Apple Product Professional (APP)
- FAA Private Pilot Certificate
National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP), Association of InternetÂ Professionals (AIP), Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), US AirÂ Force Auxiliary (Civil Air Patrol), Alpha Eta Rho – International AviationÂ Fraternity.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Professional: Microsoft Ship It! Award for Windows Server 2008, Windows 7,Â Windows Server 2008 R2, 1998 Caere Corporation Outstanding Sales Award (140%Â Quota Achievement), 1998 Channel Reps, Inc. Rep of the Month for May and August.
Scholastic: SIGGRAPH Owen Award Recipient, AIFL Merit ScholarshipÂ Recipient, AIFL Presidents List and Deans List, National Deans List, BrowardÂ Community College President’s List, Who’s who among students in America’sÂ Junior Colleges.
Military: National Defense Service Medal
Spanish: Read, write, and speak fluently